For larger quantities, please enquire for a special price quote.
Typical uses for the heavy 14.5mm grade (2m x 20m) are:
- Large overflow event car parks used throughout the year – like visitor attractions, theme parks, wedding / conference centres and sports venues.
- Small overflow car parking area used frequently throughout the year- like Churches, schools, and sports venues.
- Heavy use pedestrian walkways used throughout the year.
- Equestrian areas or paddocks (note a level grassy area is required – please get in touch for advice).
- Parking areas on Grass Next to Domestic Driveways.
- Parking on Grass Verges.
Grassmats Grass Reinforcement has been specially designed to be laid directly on to existing grass. It allows the grass to be used for purposes that normally would not be considered because of very likely unacceptable levels of damage.
The mesh has been constructed in such a way, from specially selected plastics and structure, to allow full entanglement with the existing grass realizing a much stronger non-slip wearing surface. Within the working parameters of the mesh, this allows the grassed surface to be resistant to damage and rutting on a permanent basis.
The mesh also greatly reduces the over compaction of the soil so allowing the grass roots to survive receiving air and water.
The mesh can also be applied to freshly prepared and seeded areas, but time must be given for the grass structure to become strong enough. This is normally a growing season.
The mesh requires fixing to the grass surface and can be supplied with 170mmx 70mm x 170mm 6mm bar steel pins. We recommend 150 pins for a 2m x 20m roll.
The Grassmats Reinforcement is made in the UK and is produced to ISO manufacturing standards and is supplied UV resistant. It is both PH neutral and chemically neutral.
Installed correctly and used appropriately the mesh has an expected lifetime of up to 20 years +
Grass reinforcement mesh does not usually require planning permission.
Grass reinforcement mesh is often specified as part of the government SUDS Scheme.